20/01/2012

Japanese shirt

I love those Japanese pattern books. I got one as a present for Christmas in 2010, and finally, last month I found the courage to make a shirt from it ;) It was fine for me to work with but hey, I studied Chinese, though Japanese and Chinese are hugely different, It makes all the difference in the world if you can make up the characters for back/front left/right up/down etcetera. This made it easier for me to work with these patterns.

I really like the simplicity of those clothes in the books, though I often find that there cut is quite "Asian" or "Japanese". With that I mean, wide, or square, or however you want to describe it. Some of you will probably know what I mean.

Anyways, for Christmas I also received some fabric, buttons and ribbons so I decided to use them for this project. The colour of the fabric is not something I'd have picked myself, but it looks fine on my 2-years-old.




Initially I wanted to make the shirt using Elephant-buttons, since the eldest adores elephants.


But along the way I decided that these buttons look a lot better with the flowery ribbon. These are buttons that come of from a pair of H&M pants. My friend bought a pair of pants for her son and replaced the girly buttons, she handed them to me. Yay!


I decided to sew in a small ribbon in the neckline, I think it gives it a more polished look.


ofcourse it needed a robot... everyting needs a robot <3




tadaam... I'm not quite the neat seemstress that I'd like to be, but I'm learning ;) (neither am I a great photographer or good with photography software... should train myself in that a little more.)


And here you can probably see best what I mean with the square boxy look. Though the girl loves it and didn't want to take it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...