20/01/2012

Recykleren // Upcycling

Aaah yes... a few months ago I was planning on taking part in the upcycling project by Oon and others. I loved the idea and I certainly worked on it. But it turned out I was so crazy busy that it wasn't doable for me to really follow the project.

However I did upcycle some things, some are transformed into new items, some have been changed but remain basically the same. I hope to finish all the projects that I had in mind. Should be doable, so as long as I don't set myself a timelimit. ;)

This is what I started out with:


A pile of fabrics and stuff. Most of them were handed down but were not to our taste or they had minor things like tiny holes in them. I decided to use them for this project.

First of, the shoes. The print wasn't entirely my taste. So I grab some nail-polish remover and it came right off!

Before



After





After, I washed the inside fabric. The girl is thrilled with her pink shoes, I'm happy to have another pair of croc-ish shoes that are easy to clean when playing outside. No good shoes wasted because of a print! Yay!

Then there was a pair of long pants that was also not to my taste (I'm sorry, I'm very specific with what I like...)
I decided to turn these into board-shorts, giving them a biais and shortening them. They are now very cool for summer, I can see my girl wearing them when's she's tan and with a white t-shirt or whatever above. Surf-chique!


This is what I started out with...


And this is how it turned out. I'm quite pleased with the result and how the biais works nicely to establish that surfy look.





More coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...